Rajasthani Style Papad Mangodi Kadhi Chawal
200 ml curd + 500 ml water
3 tbsp besan
1/2 cup mangodi, crushed into smaller pieces using rolling pin
4 moong papad, broken into smaller pieces
Salt to taste
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Kitchen D’lite Green Chilli Powder
1 tsp Kitchen D’lite Ginger Powder
1 tsp Panch Phoran (cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds)
2 bay leaves
2 dried red chillies
A pinch of hing
2 tbsp ghee
1. Take curd, water and besan and seive it so that these 3 ingredients get mixed properly and there are no lumps.
2. Add salt, 1 tsp turmeric powder, Kitchen D’lite Green Chilli Powder and Kitchen D’lite Ginger Powder to the above blend. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
3. Heat ghee in a wok. Add panch phoran, hing, bay leaves and dried red chillies. Let the aroma release.
4. Add mangodi to it and stir it continuously on medium to low flame till it starts turning red. Add papad and mix.
5. Add salt (add little as mangodi and papad already have salt in them) and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder to it. Mix well.
6. Add 300 ml water to it, cover with a lid and let it cook on low flame till the mangodi gets soft and cooked. Stir it sometimes to take care it does not stick to the bottom of the wok. You can add more water if you see that the mangodi is still not cooked and it is sticking to the bottom of the wok.
7. Once cooked, add the besan mix to the wok while stirring it continuously. Do this on high flame.
8. Keep stirring the kadhi till it comes to a boil.
9. Once boiled, reduce the flame to low and let it cook for another 5 mins.
10. Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with rice/roti.
Kitchen D’lite – Makes Cooking Easier!
Follow Us on Social handles:-
#mangodi #foodie #food #foodphotography #indianfood #foodporn #streetfood #breadpakoda #kadhipakoda #follow #kadhi #foodlovers #vegetarian #foodgasm #homemade #chai #love #yummy #indian #foodblogger #indiancuisine #homecooked #rice #spilledthoughts #beautiful #kitchendlite #bhfyp